It's a great month, huh?
The 11th month of the year. One last time to get in all of your fall activities and start preparing for Christmas.
Are you one of those people that just like to skip over Thanksgiving and go right to Christmas?!
I am DEFINITELY NOT one of those people. I take it all in day by day and my holiday decorations don't go up until AFTER Thanksgiving!
My Fall as been so jam-packed with work and obligations that I have hardly had time to do some fun Fall activities...
&& trust me, I am sad about it!
Even though I am a little behind, I wanted to share with you Hope's ladies some of my favorite fall activities because this is my absolute favorite season ever and I don't intend on just letting it pass by without the recognition that it deserves!!
1) Have a bonfire! When I think of Fall, I can't help but think of fires, in a good way! Having a bonfire is a way to get you friends/family together for a night and catch up and fellowship. Whether you have a few beers or make s'more's, bonfires are so fun. Put some music on and it could even turn into a dance party!
2) Go for a hike! Have you ever hiked in the Fall? It is one of my FAVORITE things to do. The leaves have changed colors and the air is crisp. It really reminds you how amazing this life of ours is and how beautiful our earth can be.
3) Watch the stars! I promise you there is something different about the stars in the Fall. My best friend and I used to do this all the time and it can become addicting. Go somewhere away from the lights or the city, grab a pillow and a few blankets, make sure it is a clear night, and go lay and look at the stars. You won't regret this one. And if you're luck, you may even see a shooting star!
4) Bake your favorite Fall treat! Soft baked cookies or apple tart or sweet cake... whatever your favorite sweet treat is.. take the time to make it! If you're like me, baking is a stress reliever for me. But really, you know I am stressed when there is something in the oven! haha
One of my favorite Fall treats is chocolate chip banana bread!
There are so many different ways to make it, but I will share with y'all one of my favorites.
- 3 bananas, mashed (1 cup mashed banana)
Pre-heat the oven to 350°F .
Grease and flour a 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan (or use baking spray, such as Baker's Joy brand).
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix in the oil, bananas and eggs. Stir in the chocolate chips (do not overmix!) and pour into the prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 60-80 minutes. Cool the loaf in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out and cool completely, right side up.
So easy and yet so yummy!!!
You won't be disappointed.
There are so many other Fall activities that I love to do... and most of them involve being outside to enjoy the fall air.
There is something different about the world in the Fall it is amazing and refreshing!
Now I want to know, what are YOUR favorite Fall activities?!
New ideas are great ideas!
Until next time...